Betterment Robo-Investing Platform - Pretty Good Customer Service

I despise bad customer service and let it be known on my blog and social media when it happens. I think it's also important however to recognize when someone or a company does a good job of customer service and to acknowledge that as well. Many times with online banks and investing platforms customer service is poor to non-existant.

I had signed up for my Betterment investing account the other day as I told you in a previous blog post which you can read HERE. Once you sign-up as with many things they put a couple small micro deposits in your account of a few cents. Reason being it proves you have access to and own that bank account. I had noticed my micro deposits hadn't showed up for Betterment or Wealthfront so I started a chat instantly on the Betterment website. I was helped immediately. The gentlement told me sometimes savings accounts don't take in the micro deposits like checking accounts. I asked to make the change and he said he could not help me with that but call the 800 number and they would be happy to help me.

Image result for betterment
So Far Happy WIth Betterment Customer Support & Platform

I called the 800 number. Someone picked up within about a minute. I was asked a few security questions to verify I'm me and they deleted the old account so I could add a new one. I believe if you have a larger bank like a Wells Fargo or a Chase I believe you can login on their site and verify instnatly, however with smaller banks you have to go the route of entering info and waiting for micro deposits which isn't a huge deal, Paypal and many companies do this to verify you are you.

I also sent a message to Wealthfront. I have yet to hear back from them but it's only been a couple hours. So far however I'm very pleased with Betterments customer service and customer support which is important when your dealing with an online company without a brick and mortar location for you to visit. So far I'm impressed. Will report back on how the investments go as well as how easy the platform is to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment