Samsung Galaxy S6 Review - I'm Not Impressed

I just picked up a new Samsung Galaxy S6 3 days ago. After a few days of using the phone I'm not all that impressed. The new Samsung S6 has changed some features. Now everytime I get a new phone I always seem to hate the new layouts, and functions, we get used to something and like to stick with it.

A few changes Samsung has made is back to the tiles they used to have on the early Galaxy models. Some people like this as it acts as a task manager and allows you to close apps and web pages. This feature may actually wind up growing on me, however initially I'm not a fan.

Other things just as far as how to delete apps, how to layout your pages, etc are things I don't like. I'm also not a fan of them adding a tab for Flipboard which I hate and do not use. You can not delete it without rooting your phone, however you can turn off that page so it's not one  you flip through.
Samsung S6 Review
Samsung S6 Review
Samsung has also limited the number of screens or pages you have to organize and layout your apps. On prevoius models there were almost too many pages. On the new S6 however you have a home page, a Flipboard page and two other blank pages loaded with bloatware, most of which you can delete but I was surprised by how little number of pages they have. For someone who has lots of apps and doesn't want to have to flip through all apps to find one, you will probably not like this feature.

I havn't really had time to dig into all the features, more casual use, listening to some music, playing some games. I do use my phone for business but havn't had much need to use it for extensive e-mailing or anything lately.

Thus far I'm relatively unimpressed and will most likely be returning this phone and swapping it out for a Samsung Note 4. I was initially very interested in the LG Flex 2, however have heard nothing but terrible things, which is disapointing as the phone was supposed to be a great improvement over the previous LG Flex. Just incase your wondering which phone I was comming from prior to getting my S6, I had the Samsung S4 and prior to that the HTC Evo.

No comments:

Post a Comment