How Much Does It Cost To Insure A Commercial Vehicle - In My Case A Landscaping Truck

Years ago I was in the landscaping business, wound up selling my business and getting out for a few years. This year I decided to get back into the landscaping business. In years past I just insured the vehicle under myself. This year I had an employee so with someone else driving my truck I wanted to make sure it was properly insured and that I would be covered in the case my employee were to get into an accident.

Image result for 2001 dodge ram 1500
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 - $500 Per Year Fleet Insurance Through Progressive

I wound up shopping around for commercial insurance. The vehicle I was insuring was a 2001 Dodge 1500 truck which would be pulling my 14' Journey Trailer. I shopped around and got quotes from just under $500 to over $1,000 for the entire year.

The best deal I wound up finding was with Progressive Fleet Vehicle Insurance. I wound up paying just under $500 for the entire year which I thought was a pretty good deal. That comes to about $41 a month, not too bad, one lawn mowed covers that cost.

If you're a plumber, handyman, painter, or anyone who has a commercial vehicle you'll have employees driving you'll definately want to get fleet or commercial insurnace. Shop around all the usual carriers the Geico's and Progressive's and State Farms. Personally speaking I found the best deal with Progressive Fleet Insurance. Keep in mind fleet insurance is a seperate division than the regular Progressive insurance.

Watch this video below to learn more...


No comments:

Post a Comment