MBerry or Miracle Berry: My Experience & Review of Miracle Berry Tablets

This post is going to be my experience trying out MBerry tablets, also known as Miracle Berries or Miracle fruit. I'll embed a video right below of a short two minute news piece done on these berries or tablets and the taste tripping or flavor tripping parties people have to enjoy the experience together.



You may have heard the term taste tripping or flavor tripping. This refers to either eating an actual fruit or in this case a berry or in other cases some people will buy the MBerry tablets which can be found on Amazon for about $13 for a box of 12 or so.

I personally tried the tablets as opposed to the actual berry as I've heard the Berries had a very short shelf life and I was ordering them to use for a party about a week away. I ordered them on Amazon and had them delivered two days later with my prime shipping.

Myself and my girlfriend were super excited to try them. We were actually planning on using them for her birthday party as kind of a fun and different thing to do than just getting dinner or going out tot he bars. We decided before we had this big flavor tripping themed party and hyped up the experience for our friends and family; we had decided we would try them first and see if they were all they were cracked up to be.
MBerry Tablets With Assorted Fruits
MBerry Tablets With Assorted Fruits

After watching some more Youtube videos posted from individuals showing themselves live, actually experiencing the miracle fruit and how it transforms your tastebuds we were super psyched. You watch videos and the looks on peoples faces are priceless. People look utterly amazed, and you'll actually watch people tasting common things like a banana saying it's the best thing they've ever tasted. You'll then see people start drinking vinegar like it's soda pop saying it tastes great, sucking on lemons saying it tastes like the best lemonade they've ever tasted in their life. The miracle fruit affects your sour, bitter, and sweet sensations so things which normally would be sour are either sweet or just taste great.

After watching some Youtube videos I was convinced this was going to be an amazing experience. Upon actually trying it for myself however both myself, and my girlfriend were extremely disapointed. Our minds were definately not blown, lol, as many people on Youtube were claiming.

Things like bananas tasted pretty much like a banana. Vinegar was still disgusting. Granted maybe it had a hint of sweetness but it still tasted like vinegar and still had a bite to it. We didn't have as full a spread of foods to try as others I'd seen, however we had a pretty good selection of items to try, and nothing in my experience was that different or great.

Fruits To Try While Taste Tripping
Fruits To Try While Taste Tripping


The only thing we both really felt like changed taste dramatically was lemons and limes. Limes were incredibly sweet and tasted almost like a lime candy, but to the point of being too sweet it wasn't that good.

In the end we decided not to do a flavor or taste tripping party for her birthday as we felt it wasn't even worth the experience trying it. Also, could have nothing to do with the MBerry tablets but after we took them we both felt kind of strange and got a headache, havn't really heard of reported side effects but the whole experience was enough to say I'm not interested in trying it again.

I have about six tablets left, I'll probably wind up giving them away for free to any friends who want to try them out. Would I recommend trying them? I guess it's worth it to try it, what do you have to lose, but honestly I wasn't wowed by the experience and won't be doing it again.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you didn't spread the tablet around your taste buds enough.

    ReplyDelete